Granary, Borucin
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

photo

The structure is a valuable and representative example of the 19th-century wooden country architecture widespread particularly in southern parts of Opole Silesia. The granary is highly valuable from a historical point of view. It is characterised by a traditional form and character and constitutes an important element of the landscape as a farmstead facility.

History

The village of Borucin is mentioned for the first time in documents of Herbert of Folsztyn as early as in 1302. Judging from the date engraved in the lintel, it was constructed in 1841, forming part of farmstead No. 24 being the property of the Fojcik family. It is a valuable example of a “lamus”, a building characteristic of the District of Racibórz — a small granary made of wooden logs with characteristic exterior walls covered with clay.

Description

The granary is situated in the southern part of Borucin, at 65 Kopernika Street, on the east side of the road. The structure, located near a residential building and an entrance gate, occupies the western part of the former farmstead No. 24.

It is a two-storeyed, compact building made of wooden logs, built on a rectangular floor plan, having a gable roof originally covered with slate. The granary rests on a stone plinth. Its walls, covered with clay on the outside, sloping inwards, form a quasi-vault. In the west façade, there are small ventilation windows. The side façades are simple, they have no decorations. The main entrance, situated in the east (front) façade, is headed with a round arch.

The planked door is sheltered by a roof supported by braces. In the top part, there are wooden logs embedded in a transverse beam. Inside, there is a wooden beamed ceiling. Ladder-like stairs connecting the two storeys are located by the south wall.

The structure, located on private premises enclosed with a fence, is inaccessible.

compiled by Agata Mucha, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Katowice, 13-11-2014.

Bibliography

  • Karta Ewidencyjna Zabytków Architektury i Budownictwa, Spichlerz (lamus) w zagrodzie nr 65 (dawniej 24), oprac. J. Prusiewicz, J. Kowalewski, 2000
  • Dumnicki J., Spichrze Polskie, Warszawa 1987
  • Katalog Zabytków Sztuki w Polsce, t. VII woj. opolskie, red. T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki, z. 13 powiat raciborski, oprac. T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki, Warszawa 1967, s. 5

General information

  • Type: utility building
  • Chronology: 1841 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Kopernika 65, Borucin
  • Location: Voivodeship śląskie, district raciborski, commune Krzanowice - obszar wiejski
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area