The church of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Częstochowa - Zabytek.pl
woj. dolnośląskie, pow. świdnicki, gm. Świdnica-gmina wiejska
- 1370 - first written record
- 1514 - construction of the church
- 1772 - Baroque redesign
- 1779 - construction of the sacristy
- 1864-1865 - renovation works
The village of Bojanice is located about 5 kilometres south of the city of Świdnica. The church is situated in the north-eastern part of the village.
The first mentions of a church in this locality date bacl to 1370, with the existing, Late Gothic church being constructed in 1514. In 1772, the church was partially redesigned in the Baroque style, while a sacristy located north of the chancel was added in 1799.The church was restored in years 1864 - 1865.
The church follows an aisleless design, its chancel being the same width as the nave. It was designed on a rectangular floor plan. Inside, the church features a pipe organ gallery. The chancel and the nave feature a flat wooden ceiling adorned with painted foliate decorations dating back to 1702.
The building is covered with a gable roof clad with sheet metal. Above the nave there is an octagonal steeple with a lantern on top.
The interior fixtures and fittings are designed in a mixture of Late Baroque and Classicist styles, comprising, among others, a wooden, polychromed main altarpiece, the painting of the Ascension of Jesus into Heaven as well as a bell from 1796.
Next to the church there is an old cemetery (no longer in use), surrounded by a buttressed stone wall with a small gate. A penitential cross is embedded in one of the buttresses. A line of venerable lime trees, believed to be about 240 years old, stretches alongside the inner side of the perimeter wall.
The church is usually closed; it may be viewed from the outside without limitations, while its interiors may be explored before or after church service.
compiled by Krzysztof Czartoryski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 13-08-2015.
- Słownik geografii turystycznej Sudetów, M. Staffa (ed.), vol. 20, Wrocław 2005
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_02_BK.82897