The Holy Trinity Church, currently the St Andrew Bobola Parish Church, Bardzice
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

The Holy Trinity Church, currently the St Andrew Bobola Parish Church

Bardzice

photo

The building is an example of a wooden church with very well preserved, elaborately designed external sculptural decorations. The feature has unique artistic values in the field of carpentry based on the regional tradition of Mazovia of the second half of the 18th century.

History

The church was erected in the years 1771-1772 in Białobrzegi. The founder of the temple was the Chamberlain of Czersk, Paweł Boski. Parish records date back to 1943. Due to the growing need for a new, brick building in Białobrzegi, the church was relocated to Bardzice with parts of the fittings in the years 1956-1957. The parish was founded here in 1957. After the translocation, the body of the building was expanded by a small southern porch. In the years 1973-1978 renovation works were carried out, during which wooden elements were replaced and the covering of sheet metal was applied. Painted decorations in the interior were created by Janina Pol.

Description

The feature is located in the northern part of the town, 100 m from the main road. It is surrounded by a wooden fence, amidst dense tree stands.

The building is made of larch, has a log structure and rests atop a brick and stone wall base. The structure is covered with weatherboards. The single-nave body is oriented, set on a plan approximating that of a square with a narrower presbytery with polygonal enclosure. At the front façade, there is an annex containing a choir gallery on the second storey; in the north there is a porch formerly housing a sacristy; in the south there is a new sacristy. Gable roofs covered with sheet metal, separate for each part of the building; king post truss in the main nave and the presbytery (double suspension). A pronounced steeple with a lantern and a cupola in the Baroque style rests atop the nave, on a roof ridge.

The main portal has a form of a two-pillar portico with a pediment. Over the pediment, there is a group of sculptures of the Throne of Grace type, framed by an architectural form repeating the arrangement of the lower part.

The interior includes a Late Baroque altar from the 18th century and a Baroque pulpit. The scenes of the Crucifixion are located on the rood beam. Opposite, there is a choir gallery with a balustrade decorated with panels.

The monument is available to visitors.

Compiled by Bartłomiej Modrzewski, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Warsaw, 02-07-2014.

Bibliography

  • Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, t. III: województwo kieleckie, red. J. Z. Łoziński, B. Wolff, z. 10: powiat radomski, inwen. K. Szczepkowska, E. Krygier, J. Z. Łoziński, Warszawa 1961.
  • Mazowieckie kościoły drewniane, red. B. Jezierska, R. Nadolny, Warszawa 2009.
  • R. Mirowski, Kościoły drewniane najbardziej polskie…, Warszawa 2005.
  • J. A. Wiśniewski, Kościoły drewniane Mazowsza, Pruszków 1998.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 1771-1772
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Bardzice 18
  • Location: Voivodeship mazowieckie, district radomski, commune Kowala
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area