Śladem dawnego młynarstwa na Opolszczyźnie
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

users tour Katarzyna Latocha

Śladem dawnego młynarstwa na Opolszczyźnie

6

one day

opolskie

Muzeum Wsi Opolskiej
Opole

30 minutes

transport time to the next site

48 min

Mill administration building, currently a residential building
Kluczbork

30 minutes

The mill administration building presented here is an example of industrial architecture created in the early 20th century. It resembles a small palace with eclectic décor. The building formed part of an industrial complex.

History

The creation of the administration building is closely associated with the history of the town mill in Kluczbork. The mill company, created in 1587, from 1906 was owned by Victor Schonfeld. Next to the profitable mill whose daily capacity was 75,000 kg, Schonfeld ordered, in 1907, the construction of an administration building. After World War 2, the mill was dismantled. In its place, in 1948, the Polskie Młyny S.A. group built a new mill and elevators. The administration building has been ultimately transformed into a residential building.

Description

The mill administration building constituted a part of the mill complex located by Młyńska Street in Kluczbork, near the railway station.

The free-standing, three-storey building was erected on a rectangular floor plan and covered with a hip roof.

It is made of brick and plastered and its façades feature eclectic architectural detail. The upper storeys are separated from the ground storey with a string course, and beneath the windows, there is a frieze strip with foliate motifs. Window openings (rectangular, topped with a flattened arch) are framed by surrounds with a keystone. Entrances to the building are located on its shorter sides; the main entrance in the eastern wall, and the side entrance in the western façade. The front (eastern) façade is three-axial, with a magnificent portico in the middle, resting on four columns with Tuscan capitals. Over the portico, there is an avant-corps partitioned with pilasters with windows with numerous partitions, decorated with balusters underneath. The northern façade is seven-axial. Its middle, three-axial part slightly projects ahead and is topped with a curved gable with modest Baroque décor. The axial layout of the façade is additionally accentuated with a balcony with baluster balustrade, resting on pronounced volute-shaped supports.

Limited access to the monument.

compiled by Aleksandra Ziółkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 08-12-2015.

Bibliography

  • http://dolny-slask.org.pl/626960,foto.html?idEntity=507454

transport time to the next site

37 min

Mill
Namysłów

30 minutes

The mill has preserved its original functional and spatial layout and almost complete (and mostly efficient) equipment, including mill machinery and equipment, and drive system.

History

The town gristmill was located there, i.e., on the Mill Island (Polish: Wyspa Młyńska), on the interior side of the defensive walls since the first half of the 15th century. In the late 19th century, it underwent alterations or was replaced by a new complex of buildings, presumably because of the implementation of a new technology. In the early 20th century, it was equipped with new mill equipment. It is planned to open the Museum of Mill Technique in the renovated mill and guest rooms at the former miller's house.

Description

The mill is located in the northern part of the town, near the Franciscan church. It is connected to the miller's house. The present shape of the mill is the result of the nineteenth-century alterations. The structure was built of brick and the adjoining buildings consist of three storeys, covered with low gable roofs. A turbine house featuring a timber-frame structure adjoins the mill to the north. The residential (western) part is connected to an engine room. The façades show clear Classicist influences. In the mill, there is machinery that was made by Mühlenbauanstalt und Maschinenfabrik vorm. Gebr. Seck (SECK) in Dresden in the early 20th century and by Mühlenbau und Industrie A.G. (MIAG) in Frankfurt am Main after 1921 and has survived in very good condition.

The structure is open to visitors. Information: Regional Chamber in Namysłów, ul. Szkolna 2, phone: +48 77 41 00 566, e-mail: noknamyslow@go2.pl.

compiled by Joanna Szot, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 01-11-2014.

Bibliography

  • Knie J.G., Alphabetisch-statistisch- topographische Übersicht der Dörfer, Flecken, Städte und andern Orte der Königl. Preuss. Provinz Schlesien, Breslau 1845.

transport time to the next site

32 min

budynek produkcyjny zakładu młynarskiego
Brzeg

30 minutes

transport time to the next site

28 min

wiatrak holender
Grodków

30 minutes

transport time to the next site

54 min

Czyżyk's Mill, Zeizig Mühle
Prudnik

30 minutes

The former mill and inn with preserved Baroque forms.

History

The mill was founded in the second half of the 18th century. The residential part houses an inn. In the 1930s, the building underwent alterations, presumably because of the end of the operation of the mill.

Description

The mill is located south of the town, by the mill race running from the Prudnik river. It was built in Baroque style and consists of two buildings. The residential building is multi-storey, covered with a half-hip roof, and an arcaded avant-corps. It perpendicularly adjoins a former utility part, which is slightly lower and covered with a gable roof.

The avant-corps is surmounted by a volute-shaped gable bearing the date "1788". In the niche there is a stone Baroque statute of St. Florian. The cloister, formerly probably open on three sides, currently features an entrance only from the front. The interior has a two-bay layout. Some rooms, including a pass-through hallway, are covered with barrel vaults.

Private property; Admission only with the consent of the owner.

compiled by JS, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Opole, 01-08-2015.

Bibliography

  • Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, vol. VII: Województwo opolskie, T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki (eds.), issue 12: Powiat prudnicki, prepared by T. Chrzanowski, M. Kornecki, Warsaw 1960
  • Weltzel H., Geschichte der Stadt Neustadt in Oberschlesien, Neustadt 1870

Print this tour

This is user generated tour. Report terms violation.

Sites from that tour

zgłoś naruszenie