Parish church of the Virgin Mary, the Queen of Poland - Zabytek.pl
woj. zachodniopomorskie, pow. pyrzycki, gm. Kozielice-gmina wiejska
The church was erected in the 2nd half of the 13th century, at the turn of the 16th and 17th century it was reconstructed in late Renaissance forms - transformation of the eastern gable, new steeple and southern porch, Mannerist altar. In the 18th century a wooden part of the tower was added. In 1871 neo-Gothic reconstruction took place, conducted according to the design of the royal construction inspector - Buchterkirch, new interior fittings were also performed. From 1946 it is a Roman Catholic church.
Church located in the centre of a village, on the village square, within the area of a churchyard cemetery surrounded by a stone wall. Oriented, early Gothic, hall structure with separated, rectangular tower from the West, with a width equal to the nave body, and with a side porch from the South. There are gable roofs over the body and porch. Over the western part of the body there is a tower square-shaped in plan crowned with a dome with four clock faces and octagonal lantern. In the crowning of the eastern gable there is a late Renessaince steeple.
The church is made of granite blocks laid in regular layers, western gable and upper parts of the western part of side walls are built of field stone with irregular layout. Wooden tower, built as a framework structure is concealed by wooden boards, with a dome covered with sheet metal. The roofs of the nave body and porch are covered with beaver tail tiles.
There are early Gothic pointed-arch portals in the western and southern facades (currently bricked-up). There are neo-Gothic, pointed-arch window openings in brick surrounds. The windows of side walls of the body are divided by a bar tracery. Western gable is not partitioned. On the eastern facade, above the windows, there are relics of bricked-up early-Gothic pointed-arch openings. Eastern gable is transformed into late-Renassaince form, with concave-convex edges, ending with volutes from the bottom, partitioned by semi-circularly closed opening in the bottom part and three blind windows (one rectangular and two semi-circularly closed ones) in the upper part. There is a late-Renaissance side porch, with a portal closed with a segmental arch, crowned with a two-storey gable with blind, semi-circularly closed arcades.
Nave and southern porch interior is covered by wooden beam ceilings, the interior of the porch located underneath the tower is barrel-vaulted.In the eastern wall there is semi-circularly closed niche for sacramentarium, in the western part of the nave - a wooden, neo-Gothic organ gallery. In the southern porch there is an early-Gothic, pointed-arch stepped portal with late-Renaissance door. In the porch located underneath the tower there is a late-Romanesque baptismal font made of Gotland limestone, which was most probably built at the end of the 13th century. There are neo-Gothic fittings elements in the nave: ambo body, organs (company of B. Gruenberg from Szczecin, 1872), baptismal font and pews of 1851.
Limited access to the historic building. The interior may be accessed upon the consent of the parish priest.
Prepared by Maciej Słomiński, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Szczecin, 25.06.2014.
- Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce. Seria nowa, vol. 13: Województwo zachodniopomorskie, z. 1: Powiat pyrzycki, Warsaw 2013, pp. 206-209.
- Lemcke H., Die Bau- und Kunstdenkmäler des Regierungsbezirks Stettin, z. 7: Der Kreis Pyritz, Stettin 1906.
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_32_BK.111299