Parish Church of St Michael Archangel, Siedlimowo
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Parish Church of St Michael Archangel

Siedlimowo

photo

An example of wooden ecclesiastical architecture of the Baroque period, typical for the region, featuring a sumptuously appointed interior with surviving fixtures and fittings representing both the Late Baroque and Late Gothic styles.

History

Erected in 1786 or thereabouts, the church came into being owing to the efforts of reverend Stanisław Kamieński. It was preceded by another wooden parish church, erected somewhere around the year 1360.

Description

The church is located in the central part of the village of Siedlimowo. It stands on a hill, its site circumscribed by a fence. The church itself was designed in the Late Baroque style, its interiors graced by fixtures and fittings representing both the Baroque, the Gothic and the Classicist style. It is a single-nave design, oriented towards the east. Its wooden log structure, resting on stone foundations, is concealed beneath a weatherboard cladding. The tower rising above the main body, on the other hand, is a post-and-beam structure, its walls likewise covered with weatherboards. The nave, wider than the chancel, was designed on a roughly square-shaped floor plan. Both the nave and the chancel feature flat ceilings. The windows and the entrances positioned at the base of the tower, on the southern and northern sides thereof, are topped with segmental arches. The building’s individual sections are topped with gable roofs, with the exception of the sacristy, which features a mono-pitched roof. The tower’s façades feature simple, band-like cornices between the individual storeys, its bulbous cupola surmounted by a hexagonal lantern.

Property of the parish - the structure can be viewed from the outside; the interiors may be explored upon prior arrangement with the parish priest.

compiled by Olga Wróblewska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Toruń.

Bibliography

  • Bykowski W., Kujawsko-pomorskie, przewodnik po zabytkach, Bydgoszcz 2010, p. 118.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 1786 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Siedlimowo
  • Location: Voivodeship kujawsko-pomorskie, district mogileński, commune Jeziora Wielkie
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area