Ancillary church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Siedlęcin
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Ancillary church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help



A Late Baroque church, erected in the fourth quarter of the 18th century, it remains an example of fine artistic craftsmanship of the period.


Built in years 1780-82 on the basis of a design produced by Christian Isemer, the church was designed to replace an earlier, wooden structure from 1742. The new church was constructed by Demus from Cieplice, a master brickmason, as well as master carpenter Scholz from Jelenia Góra. The church was renovated in years 1842, 1945 and 1965; today, it serves as a Catholic church.


The church is situated in the central part of the village, towering above the rest of the surrounding buildings. Designed in the Late Baroque style, the church is a brick and stone building of a single-nave design, erected on a rectangular floor plan with longer axis positioned along the south-west - north-east line. It is compact in shape, its body being positioned atop a plinth and featuring rounded corners. The building is covered with a mansard roof clad with ceramic roof tiles; a steeple clad with sheet metal and topped with a bulbous cupola with a lantern rises atop the roof ridge. The façades feature a plaster finish, with a seven-axial and three-axial design being used for the longer and shorter sides of the church respectively. All façades are adorned with a rhythmic arrangement of pilasters supporting a projecting crowning cornice. The plinth forming the base of the façades is faced with sandstone. All four façades feature portals positioned on the middle axis thereof, each topped with a semicircular arch with a keystone adorned with Rococo motifs. The tall windows are likewise topped with semicircular arches and framed with stone surrounds with keystones and profiled window sills. The windows are divided into small, square panes, with the upper sections featuring glazing bars radiating out in a fan-like pattern. The interior features a false barrel vault made of wood as well as three-storey wooden galleries supported by sturdy pillars. The interior fixtures and fittings are examples of the Late Baroque style; notable items include the altarpiece, the pulpit and the pipe organ casing designed by a sculptor named Joseph Anton Lachel, who is known to have been active, among others, in the town of Krzeszów at the time, and executed by Kade from Jelenia Góra, a master carpenter. The painting incorporated into the altarpiece was originally displayed at the local parish church.

The church is accessible to visitors and may be visited during church service. For more information, please contact the parish office.

compiled by Piotr Roczek, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 28-05-2015.


  • Słownik Geografii Turystycznej Sudetów. Vol. 4 Kotlina Jeleniogórska, M. Staffa (ed.), Wrocław 1999, p. 404.
  • Zabytki sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk, Warsaw 2006, p. 769.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 2 poł. XVIII w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Kościelna , Siedlęcin
  • Location: Voivodeship dolnośląskie, district jeleniogórski, commune Jeżów Sudecki
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland


report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area