Rectory at the parish church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Nowogród Bobrzański
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Rectory at the parish church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Nowogród Bobrzański

photo

The rectory of the Roman-Catholic church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Nowogród Bobrzański is a valuable and representative example of early Baroque architecture of high historical value.

History

The first mentions of the rectory date back to the early 16th century. Originally, it was a half-timbered structure. During the term of office of abbot Andreas Thiel, who ordered re-designing of the church in 1693, the present rectory was created (1697-1699). In 1804, the building was damaged as a result of a flood. The grange located in its vicinity was destroyed. During the re-designing works, the church was shortened by the southern part, which was damaged by water (approx. 1/3 of the church length). The building was renovated, among others, in the years 1870, 1893, 1903. The last renovation works were carried out before 2010.

Description

The rectory is located in the riverside, in the fork of Bóbr and Brzeźnica rivers, within a distance of 1.5 km from the town centre. It is situated by the church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, to the south-east from it. The building is Baroque in style. It is made of brick, erected on a rectangular floor plan, two-storey, with basements underneath. Its compact body is covered with a hip roof clad in ceramic tile. The façades are plastered and pierced with regularly arranged windows framed in eared surrounds and topped with a cornice. The corners are accentuated with rustication. The plinth section slightly projects ahead of the face of the building. Over the main entrance, there is a stone relief coat of arms of the abbots of Żagań, with date “1699” and initials “AAAS”. The interior is of two-bay type. In the basement and ground floor section, it is covered with a double barrel vault as well as a barrel vault with lunettes.

Limited access to the historic building. It can be viewed from outside.

compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 07-11-2014.

Bibliography

  • Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s.259.
  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, Tom I, Zielona Góra 2011, s. 45.
  • Karta ewidencyjna, Plebania parafii rzym. -kat. pw. Wniebowzięcia NMP, oprac. R. Kąsinowska, 1988 r., Archiwum Wojewódzkiego Urzędu Ochrony Zabytków w Zielonej Górze.

General information

  • Type: residential building
  • Chronology: kon. XVII w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Kościelna 2, Nowogród Bobrzański
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district zielonogórski, commune Nowogród Bobrzański - miasto
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area