Funkcja czasowo wyłączona. Zapraszamy wkrótce.

Parish church of St Anne, Niegosławice
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.


The church of St Anne in Niegosławice is a valuable example of a medieval stone church of the rural type whose origins go back to the Romanesque period. The church area is fenced with a wall with a Gothic gate.


The church was erected in the 2nd half of the 13th century. In the early 16th century, it was re-designed - the nave was extended to the west, and in the place of a barrel vault, a lierne vault was installed. Also, the windows were lowered and re-designed. Then, a hundred years later, a tower and a sacristy were added. In 1750, a chapel was added. During the 18th and the 19th century, the church underwent numerous renovations. The last renovation works were carried out in the 1990s. In the 15th century, the fence was replaced with a wall with a gate house. From the beginning of the Reformation until 1668, the church was owned by Protestants.


The church of St Anne is located in the south-western part of the village, near the junction with the road to Mycielin. The area around the church is circumscribed by a stone wall with a rectangular, single-storey Gothic gate, covered with a hip roof. The church is oriented. It has Gothic features. It is a building made mostly of field stone, of single-nave type, with a rectangular chancel, sacristy, chapel, and a tower from the north. Its individual sections are covered with gable roofs; the three-storey tower is topped with a hip roof with a tholobate and a pyramid spire. The roofs are clad in ceramic roof tiles. The façades are plastered and pierced with windows with semi-circular top sections. On the wall of the sacristy, there is a surviving pointed-arch window. On the ground floor of the tower, there is the pointed-arch main entrance. The interior of the nave and the chapel is covered with a contemporary wooden board ceiling, the chancel with a lierne vault from the late 16th century, and the sacristy with a groin vault. In the chancel, there is a surviving fragment of painted decorations from approx. 1300 in the eastern wall. The historical fittings of the church include Late Baroque altars and a pulpit, and in the western part of the nave, there is a pipe organ gallery on wooden piers.

The site is open to the public. It can be visited by prior telephone arrangement.

compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 16-06-2015.


  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, Tom II, Zielona Góra 2012, s. 165-166.
  • Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 245.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 2. poł. XIII w.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Niegosławice
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district żagański, commune Niegosławice
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland


report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area