Evangelical church of Christ the Saviour, currently serving as the Roman Catholic church of the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Kokocko
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Evangelical church of Christ the Saviour, currently serving as the Roman Catholic church of the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Kokocko

photo

An important example of a wattle-and-daub ecclesiastical building of regional importance.

History

Originally erected in 1829 as an Evangelical church, it has subsequently become a Catholic place of worship, serving the needs of the local Catholic community from 1945 onwards.

Description

It is located in the southern part of the village. It is an aisleless church designed on a rectangular floor plan, featuring a rectangular entrance avant-corps on the western side, blending seamlessly with the tower rising above. The church is a Classicist edifice, oriented towards the east. It was designed as a timber-framed structure, its walls covered with plaster. The façades feature a tall, pronounced plinth. The individual storeys are separated by means of a pronounced entablature. The vertical posts of the timber frame on both levels are designed to resemble Tuscan pilasters. The eastern façade features a pair of entrances and is topped with a triangular gable. The windows on both levels are rectangular in shape. The tower is a four-storey structure. The gable roofs of the main body and the tower are clad with roof tiles.

Property of the parish. The monument can be viewed from the outside.

compiled by Kamila Witkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Toruń, 16-10-2014.

General information

  • Type: church
  • Chronology: 1829 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Kokocko
  • Location: Voivodeship kujawsko-pomorskie, district chełmiński, commune Unisław
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area