Manor house, Grochowiska Szlacheckie
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.


A Classicist manor house from the late 18th century, featuring a colonnaded portico with giant order columns projecting from its front façade and surrounded by a landscape park with a pond - a valuable example of historic residential architecture in the Pałuki region.


The manor house was erected somewhere around the year 1780 by Teofila Korytowska of the Mora coat of arms, the erstwhile owner of the village. After 1912, the manor house was redesigned, with the roofs on the northern and southern side being made taller to make space for a second storey above the eastern and western bay of the building. In addition, the rear façade of the manor house now featured a pair of avant-corps. Between 1910 and 1939, the manor house and the accompanying grange remained in the hands of Konrad, the son of Witold Korytowski. In 1939, the manor was taken over by a German citizen named Rawe. After 1945, the mansion and the surrounding land was taken over by the PGR Złotniki State Agricultural Holding and then by the Agricultural Property Agency of the State Treasury. From 1996 onwards, the manor has remained in private hands. It was during the very first year of private ownership that the renovation works commenced, including the replacement of the roof truss and roof tiles as well as the execution of a new plaster finish of the façades.


The manor house is situated on the northern side of the road leading from Rogowo to Gąsawa, its front façade facing the south. It stands on a level terrain and is surrounded by a park with a pond. A circular driveway lies in front of the mansion.

The manor house itself was designed in the Classicist style and erected on a rectangular floor plan, positioned alongside the east-west axis. It is a two-storey building with a garret and a basement underneath parts of its structure. Up front there is a colonnaded portico with the main entrance; a pair of rectangular avant-corps can be seen projecting from the outermost axes of the northern façade. The side entrance into the building, positioned in the western façade, is preceded by a flight of steps. A rectangular terrace adjoins the eastern façade. The main body of the building is covered with a half-hip roof, while the portico features a gable roof; all roof surfaces are clad with roof tiles.

The mansion is a brick structure, its walls and brick socle covered with plaster.

The basement and ground-floor level rooms feature vaulted ceilings made of brick, while the remaining interiors come equipped with wooden beamed ceilings.

The front façade of the manor house follows a seven-axial layout, its three-axial middle section forming a subtle avant-corps preceded by a giant order portico with two pairs of Tuscan columns supporting a triangular pediment incorporating a stucco cartouche with the Mora coat of arms of the Korytowski family. A shallow, semi-circular niche and plasterwork festoon can be seen above the entrance into the mansion. The windows are adorned with plasterwork eared surrounds with keystones. Ornamental urns adorn the corners of the roof parapet. The façades of the shorter sides of the manor house feature an irregular axial layout, their top sections capped by segments of roof parapet adorned with decorative panels; the eastern façade is preceded by a terrace. The triangular gable of the two-axial middle section of the rear façade features a triangular gable with an oculus framed with a decorative surround with keystone. The corners of the two side avant-corps - a more recent addition to the architecture of the manor house - follow a notched outline and are supported by pillars.

The interior follows a two-bay layout, with the vestibule and former drawing room positioned on the middle axis of the building. The drawing room is graced by corner niches topped with semi-domes which had originally accommodated the now-vanished tiled stoves. Cove mouldings adorn most ceilings inside the manor house.

Limited access to the monument. The building serves as the “Pałacowa” hotel accompanied by the “Dworek Polski” restaurant, the latter being open to everyone.

compiled by Krystyna Parucka, Historical Monument and National Heritage Documentation and Popularisation Department of the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Cultural Centre in Bydgoszcz, 26-11-2014 - 8-11-2014.


  • Record sheet, Dwór, Grochowiska Szlacheckie, compiled by Gołaszewska I., 1996, Archive of the Regional Office for the Protection of Historical Monuments in Bydgoszcz; Archive of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Warsaw.
  • Durczykiewicz L. Dwory polskie w Księstwie Poznańskiem, Poznań 1912
  • Katalog Zabytków Sztuki w Polsce, vol. XI: Dawne województwo bydgoskie, issue 21: Żnin i okolice, Warsaw 1979, pp. 16 - 17.

General information

  • Type: manor house
  • Chronology: ok. 1780 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Grochowiska Szlacheckie
  • Location: Voivodeship kujawsko-pomorskie, district żniński, commune Rogowo
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland


report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area