Filial church of St Joseph - Zabytek.pl
woj. lubuskie, pow. gorzowski, gm. Witnica-obszar wiejski
A surviving mausoleum of the Schöning family and a tomb chapel of the Dönhoff family.
The church in Dąbroszyn, a former Protestant congregation, was built on a Greek cross floor plan, probably in the late 17th century. It was erected in the park, near the palace belonging to the Schöning family. Approx. in 1700, a mausoleum for the members of the family was built. It was located in the northern transept. In 1758, the Russians robbed the fittings of the church, hence little fitting elements from the times of its construction have survived. In 1817, a chapel of the Dönhoff family associated with the estate of Dąbroszyn was added to the church from the east. In the years 1825-1828, the building was re-designed in the neo-Gothic style. A tower was built from the west, rectangular in the bottom section and hexagonal above, topped with a pyramid tented roof.
The filial church of St Joseph is a brick, single-nave building with a transept and a sacristy, and the tower mentioned above. The façades are adorned with pointed-arch blind windows. The body is covered with gable roofs. The bottom section of the tower is quadrangular and topped with an extensive terrace with a balustrade. Windows and the door opening located on the western side are of a pointed-arch type. In the mausoleum of the von Schöning family one can see epitaph monuments depicting Hans Adam II von Schöning, his wife Johanna Margaretha von Pöllnitz, and his son Johann Ludwig presented in the form of an alabaster bust. On the eastern side of the church, there is the mentioned former tomb chapel of the von Dönhoff family, currently used as a sacristy. In the southern arm of the transept, there is a collator gallery and an entrance to the crypt where the sarcophagus of Hans Adam von Schöning is stored. The copper sarcophagus is adorned, among other things, with tin epitaph plaques. At the crypt, there are also elements of other sarcophagi, such as inscription and epitaph plaques and decorative details. An element of the historic fittings of the church is a brass bowl from the end of the 17th century, found during the inventory count of the crypt in 1998.
The building is available during services or upon prior appointment with the parish priest.
compiled by Krzysztof Garbacz, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 9-10-2014.
- Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, t. 3: Powiaty: gorzowski - słubicki - sulęciński - międzyrzecki - strzelecko-drezdenecki, Zielona Góra 2013, s. 49-50, fot. 24.
- Reißmann K. (oprac.), Die Kunstdenkmäler des Stadt- und Landkreises Landsberg (Warthe), Berlin 1937, s. 126-127.
- Skaziński B. (B.S.), Gorzów Wlkp., [w:] Zabytki północnej części województwa lubuskiego (red. J. Lewczuk, B. Skaziński), Gorzów Wlkp.-Zielona Góra 2004, s. 43-44.
- Skaziński B., Michalski J. (red.), Kościół w Dąbroszynie. Panteon chwały rodów szlachty dąbroszyńskiej / Die Kirche in Tamsel. Pantheon der Adelsgeschlechter von Tamsel, Gorzów Wlkp. 2003.
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_08_BK.23467