Evangelical church, currently the Roman Catholic filial Church of Our Lady of Sorrows - Zabytek.pl
woj. lubuskie, pow. krośnieński, gm. Krosno Odrzańskie-obszar wiejski
The first mention of the village of Czetowice as a village belonging to the Poznań Diocese is in 1308. The medieval church, which was probably built of wood, was replaced with a masonry church in the 16th century. In 1654 a tower was added; in 1859, when the works were supported by the von Gloger family, a sacristy was built.
The church is situated in the eastern part of Czetowice, by the local route connecting Osiecznica and Struga. Built of brick and stone in the Renaissance style, the church is oriented and aisleless. It was erected on a rectangular floor plan, terminated semi-hexagonally from the east, with a sacristy added on the east side and a cylindrical tower added on the west side. The main body is covered with a gable roof with three sloping planes on the eastern side; the church is flanked by a tower with a dome in the shape of a bell with a lantern. The facades are plastered, topped with a slight cornice, articulated only by window and door openings. The windows of the nave and sacristy are topped with pointed arches, and the windows of the tower are rectangular in shape. The interior features a double barrel vault; the sacristy and porch under the tower are covered with flat wooden ceilings. Relics include interesting fixtures and fittings of the church: the late Renaissance stone altar in the form of a triptych, organ dating from 1862, epitaph plaques manufactured in the period from the 2nd half of the 16th c. to the 18th c., devoted, among others, to the members of the von Gloger and von Gruenberg families.
Limited access to the monument. Viewing of the church interior is only possible by prior telephone arrangement.
Compiled by Anna Jackiewicz, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 08-09-2014 r.
- Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, t. 1, Zielona Góra 2011, s. 216-217.
Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 72.
Protection: Register of monuments
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_08_BK.27284