Filial church of St St Martin - Zabytek.pl
woj. dolnośląskie, pow. jeleniogórski, gm. Mysłakowice-gmina wiejska
The church subsequently underwent alteration works both in the 18th and the 19th century.
The first mentions of the church date back to 1399, with the church itself most likely having been erected earlier during the same century. Its current form, however, is the result of a redesign which took place in the early 16th century. During the 16th century, the northern chapel was added to the church. In the 18th century, the tower received a bulbous cupola; the façade decorations were also executed during the same period. The church was renovated in 1956 and in years 1978-79.
The church is situated on a hilltop in the central part of the village, surrounded by a cemetery. It is a Late Gothic structure oriented towards the east, with its individual sections being clustered around its single nave in an additive fashion. The building is a masonry structure made of split stone. It consists of a broad nave on a roughly square floor plan as well as a narrower, rectangular chancel; both sections of the church feature vaulted ceilings of the barrel type. Towards the east there is a chapel, positioned on the axis of the chancel and covered with a groin vault with a keystone adorned with the coat of arms of the von Zedlitz noble family. Towards the north, a chapel annex adjoins the nave, illuminated with a window topped with an inflexed arch and featuring a diamond vault, which is a considerable rarity in Silesia. A massive tower adjoins the church to the south, its floor plan being roughly square in shape; the upper section of the tower is much narrower than its base, taking the form of a wooden steeple crowned with a bulbous cupola with a roof lantern topped by a spire. The ground floor section of the tower incorporates a pointed-arch portal; most of the windows of the church are topped with semicircular arches and framed with plain window surrounds. The original fixtures and fittings of the church included a Gothic triptych of the Holy Family (ca. 1510, currently kept at the National Museum in Warsaw) as well as a triptych depicting the Lamentation of Christ (ca. 1480, currently forming part of the main altarpiece at the church of St Peter and Paul in Wrocław).
The church is surrounded by stone wall with a gatehouse.
The church is closed and is only used occasionally. For more information, please contact the parish office.
compiled by Piotr Roczek, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Wrocław, 21-10-2014.
- Słownik Geografii Turystycznej Sudetów. Vol. 5 Rudawy Janowickie, M. Staffa (ed.), Wrocław 1998, pp. 74-75,
- Zabytki sztuki w Polsce. Śląsk, Warsaw 2006, p. 169.
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_02_BK.75691, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_02_BK.78537