Palace in the complex of residential buildings - Zabytek.pl
woj. lubuskie, pow. nowosolski, gm. Kożuchów - obszar wiejski
The residence was founded by the von Kottowitz family and built on the foundations of a medieval fortified manor house around the mid-16th century. In the late 16th century the building was extended; in the early 17th century it was extended by one storey and a tower was added. Around 1698, the decor of the facade was changed to the Baroque style and the roof was lowered. Around the mid- 19th century a Neo-Gothic fortified tower was erected, the avant-corps of the facade was downsized, alterations were made to the curtain wall around the inner yard, and the moat was filled in from the front. In 1966, the roof and upper ceilings were renovated. Since 2011, the building has been undergoing complete renovation.
The palace is part of the residential complex situated in the southern part of the village, by the road from Zielona Góra to Nowogród Bobrzański. The building is situated between a park and a farmyard, partly surrounded by a moat, which gives way to a pond in the eastern part. The palace is built of brick and partly of stone, L-shaped in plan, with a cylindrical tower in the north-eastern corner. It consists of three storeys and is covered with a hip roof. The tower culminates in a dome-shaped top with a lantern. The yard between the wings is surrounded by a Neo-Gothic curtain wall with a corner fortified tower. The facades are decorated with cornices, rusticated pilaster strips, window surrounds, flattened peaks sloping downwards above the windows and panels below the windows. The remains discovered at the site included sgraffiti with floral and scrollwork ornamentation under the Baroque plaster. The axis of the facade accentuates the late Renaissance stone portal dating from 1608. The origins of a relief depicting Vulcan in a forge, placed above the entrance to the neo-Gothic fortified tower, go back to a similar period of time. The interior having a two-bay layout features rooms covered with groin vaults, ornamented with strapwork, and a room with lavish Renaissance plasterwork decoration of the beam ceiling. The remains also included fragments of wall paintings on ceilings.
Limited access to the monument. Private property. The structure can be viewed from the outside.
Compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 09-09-2014 r.
- Bielinis-Kopeć B. (red.), Zamki, dwory i pałace województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2008, s. 43-45.
Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, t. 2, Zielona Góra 2012, s. 276-277.
Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 38-39.
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_08_BK.26605, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_08_BK.145615