Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Zabytek.pl
woj. wielkopolskie, pow. kolski, gm. Grzegorzew-gmina wiejska
A local parish was mentioned for the first time in 1389. The present church building was erected in 1759. It was founded by the owner of the village, Andrzej Gorzeński, a stolnik (an honorary court title and a district office) of Poznań. The church was renovated in the years 1818, 1856, 1870, and 1938. Moreover, in 1938, the interior was decorated with wall paintings by Wincent Strubiński. During World War II, the Germans robbed the church of a pipe organ, liturgical vessels, and bells. Moreover, in 1942, they dismantled a wooden filial church of St Roch in Barłogi, whose fittings, saved and hidden, were moved to Borysławice after the war. The bell tower was built in the mid-18th century.
The Parish Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is located in the centre of the village of Borysławice Kościelne. It is enclosed with a wall with a gate and two wicket gates, made of brick and plastered. The church has a graveyard whose northern and western boundaries are lined with trees. The building has a wooden log structure. The walls are covered with weatherboards. The church is oriented to the east. It has a single nave (with no aisles) and a narrower and lower chancel terminating in a semi-hegaxon. The building has a gable roof covered with wood shingles; over the nave, there is a steeple crowned with a lantern with a sheet-metal cupola. Two porches adjoin the church on the north and west sides.
The music gallery is supported by four posts. The interior is covered with a flat ceiling rounded at the corners. The church fittings include Baroque altars, a Rococo pulpit, and a Rococo baptismal font. The rood beam is adorned with a Baroque crucifix and a commemorative inscription with the date of the completion of the church.
To the west of the church, there is a quadrangular wooden bell tower having a post-and-beam structure covered with weatherboards. It is topped with a tall hip roof covered with wood shingles. By a nearby road fork, there is a commemorative stone with an inscription dedicated to Tadeusz Kościuszko.
The church can only be visited from the outside.
compiled by Tomasz Łuczak, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Poznan, 16-11-2015.
- Diecezja włocławska 2000, red. W. Frątczak, W. Kujawski, A. Poniński, K. Rulka, L. Urbański, Włocławek 2001, s. 273.
- Katalog zabytków sztuki w Polsce, t. 5, Woj. wielkopolskie, red. Teresa Ruszczyńska, Aniela Sławska, z. 8, Pow. kolski, opr. J. Rutkowska, Warszawa 1960, s. 2.
- Kościoły drewniane w Wielkopolsce, red. Mariusz Grzebalski, Poznań 2004, s. 26.
- Wielkopolska. Słownik krajoznawczy, red. Łęcki Włodzimierz, Poznań 2002, s. 27.
- Piotr Maluśkiewicz, Województwo konińskie. Szkic monograficzny, Warszawa-Poznań 1983, s. 121.
- Piotr Maluśkiewicz, Ziemia konińska. Przewodnik turystyczny, Konin 2002, s. 65-66.
- http://kosciolydrewniane.pl - odsłona z listopada 2015 r.
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_30_BK.156572, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_30_BK.43549