Museum – former watermill, Bogdaniec
Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa pl

Zdjęcie panoramiczne tej lokalizacji jest niedostępne.

Museum – former watermill

Bogdaniec

photo

One of the few preserved former watermills with a residential section and partially preserved installations.

History

The village of Bogdaniec was established during the colonisation campaign covering the Warta wetland. It was formed in 1768 and given the name Dühringshof, after the Prussian general Dühringshof, a famous participant of the Seven Years’ War. The so-called Lower Mill was built on a timber frame in 1826. The devices propelled with a water turbine were replaced in the 1930s, with an electric turbine. After World War II, expositions of the Ethnographic Department of the Lubusz Museum in Gorzów Wielkopolski were held in the former water mill.

Description

The two-storey half-timbered building with a high attic was erected on a rectangular floor plan and covered with a half-hip roof. It is plastered on three sides, and its timber frame is visible only in the western gable wall. The former water mill is divided into two parts: residential section and utility section housing the mill devices mentioned above. In the building, the original door joinery is still present.

The museum exhibition in the residential part is devoted to the fittings of the rooms occupied by the miller’s family.

The former miller’s homestead includes also a brick utility building from the turn of the 19th and the 20th century and a half-timbered carriage house built in the early 20th century, with brick infills.

The facility is accessible during the opening hours of the museum.

compiled by Krzysztof Garbacz, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 03-11-2014.

Bibliography

  • Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, t. 3: Powiaty: gorzowski - słubicki - sulęciński - międzyrzecki - strzelecko-drezdenecki, Zielona Góra 2013, s. 38-39, fot. 18.
  • Skaziński B. (B.S.), Bogdaniec, gm. loco, [w:] Zabytki północnej części województwa lubuskiego (red. J. Lewczuk, B. Skaziński), Gorzów Wlkp.-Zielona Góra 2004, s. 40.

General information

  • Type: mill
  • Chronology: 1826 r.
  • Form of protection: register of monuments
  • Address: Bogdaniec
  • Location: Voivodeship lubuskie, district gorzowski, commune Bogdaniec
  • Source: National Heritage Board of Poland

Licence:

report issue with this site

Geoportal Map

Google Map

See also in this area