Filial church of St Lawrence - Zabytek.pl
woj. lubuskie, pow. zielonogórski, gm. Nowogród Bobrzański - obszar wiejski
The first mention of the church dates back to 1323. The surviving church is dated to the 14th century. The church was renovated and modernised many times, among other things in 1619, 1651, 1889, 1932 and in the 1990s. In the period of Reformation, until 1668, it was used by Lutherans.
The church is located in the centre of the village, by a local road. It is circumscribed by a stone wall with a plastered gate featuring a semi-circular arch in the top section, covered with a small gable roof. The church is oriented. It was built in the Gothic style.
It is made of field and split stone, built on a rectangular floor plan with a narrower chancel ending in a semi-hexagon, a sacristy erected on a rectangular floor plan from the north, and a tower on a square floor plan from the west. The body is diversified in terms of height, from the tower, which is the highest, to the sacristy which is the lowest element of the building. The nave and the sacristy are covered with gable roofs; over the chancel, there is a gable roof passing into a tented roof; and the tower, reinforced with two buttresses, is covered with a tented roof topped with a pyramid spire. In the 17th century, the roof of the nave was lowered, which is evidenced by traces on the eastern wall. The roof is clad in modern ceramic tiles and sheet metal. The façades are not plastered. They are pierced with window and door openings, mostly of the pointed-arch type, with brick plastered surrounds. Over the single-nave interior, there is a wooden ceilings. Surviving original fittings include 17th- and 18th-century paintings and Renaissance and Baroque epitaphs, as well as stained glass windows from the early 20th century.
The site is open to the public. It can be visited by prior telephone arrangement.
compiled by Marta Kłaczkowska, Regional Branch of the National Heritage Board of Poland in Zielona Góra, 15-10-2014.
- Kowalski S., Zabytki architektury województwa lubuskiego, Zielona Góra 2010, s. 21.
- Garbacz K., Przewodnik po zabytkach województwa lubuskiego, Tom I, Zielona Góra 2011, s. 45-46.
- Karta ewidencyjna, Kościół filialny pw. św. Wawrzyńca, oprac. Garbacz E., Archiwum Wojewódzkiego Urzędu Ochrony Zabytków w Zielonej Górze.
Objects data updated by Andrzej Kwasik.
Protection: Register of monuments, Monuments records
Inspire id: PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_N_08_BK.29030, PL.1.9.ZIPOZ.NID_E_08_BK.105714